The Student News Site of Elkhart High School

The PENNANT Online

The PENNANT Online

The PENNANT Online

Coachella: The World’s Stage For Music And Art

Coachella is back!

Several popular and famous artists of all genres will be showcased there on the weekend of April 12-14 and April 19-21. This year’s headliners include Lana Del Rey, Tyler, the Creator, and Doja Cat — alongside a special reunion of No Doubt, the Gwen Stefani-fronted 1990s sensation behind hits “Don’t Speak” and “Just A Girl.” Lana Del Rey is headlining Friday, April 12 and 19. Tyler, the Creator will be headlining on Saturday, April 13 and 20, and Doja Cat will be headlining Sunday, April 14 and 21. Tickets are expected to go in a flash!

Coachella is a musical and arts festival that happens annually and is held at the Empire Polo Club in Indio, California, in the Coachella Valley in the Colorado Desert. This is one of the largest, most profitable and popular music festivals in the United States, as well as in the world. Artists perform genres from rock, indie, and hip hop, all the way to Latin, pop, and electronic dance music. There are also art installations and sculptures placed all around the festival grounds. Several stages perform and host live music. Artists and bands such as Deftones, Sabrina Carpenter, Ice Spice, Reneé Rapp and many others will be there over these two weekends! 

Despite the thousands upon thousands eagerly attending this event, are are still those who may not have much interest in the concert scenery. Junior Marilyn Elliott is among them. “I have heard of Coachella. I overheard something about it on social media.” Adding, she says, “I personally would not like to attend Coachella. I think there’s too many famous people there, and that would be really stressful for me. It seems more like a party, and I’m not really a party girl.” Elliott says that she would consider going there to see Morgan Wallen perform if she attended, and she would love to attend with her sister.

Junior Macy Ottman, shares her intrigue. “I learned about Coachella from TikTok. I think that it would be so much fun to experience, but it’s definitely going to be very crowded and loud.” She continues, “I would wear something kind of stylish and hippie-styled, and I would go for Daus Mendoza, Kirsten Titus, and Fernanda Giménez. I would love to go with a group of my friends, as well.” People may have different opinions on this musical and arts festival, but it’s still in style for many influencers

The Coachella Festival is available to all ages and generations, but their partnering hotels do have age restrictions. People 18+ must check in, while guests can be younger than 18. A Coachella ticket starts at around $549 for general admission and $1,069 for VIP tickets. Attendants are able to camp with a car in a spot near the venue for $375, or select a spot slightly further out for $149. Regardless of the cost, organizers promise that it will be worth every penny.