The Student News Site of Elkhart High School

The PENNANT Online

The PENNANT Online

The PENNANT Online

The Alien Influence: What’s Next?

The Alien Influence: Rumors of the extraterrestrials have been murmured throughout the years. More and more theories continue to pop up, and even possible sightings of UFOs are reported. But, how many of these conspiracies do people really believe?

“The Universe is so big,” Asher Inclan, a senior at Elkhart High theorizes. “Why couldn’t there be aliens?” Inclan does bring up a very good point with his statement, and aliens do have a good chance of existing. With outer space being light years big, scientists would never be able to explore every part of it; so, there is a high chance there are things–possibly even life–out there that are to never be discovered.

But, if there are aliens, what would they look like? Small and skinny? Big heads and black eyes? Actually, Inclan doesn’t believe any of this is true at all! “I think aliens look just like us–they could be different colors, though…maybe just green or purple.” It’s true that the movie-style “alien” is most widely accepted around the world, but who is to say they would be so different from the human race? For all anyone would knows, many of the people who are seen day-to-day, or even a best friend, could be an alien. “High school is full of aliens; middle school is full of aliens,” Inclan infers. “We all had that one teacher…”

But, with all this alien talk, one must wonder what may really be going on behind all of it. ”With all this talk coming out from the higher ups, it makes me suspect that the government may be hiding something even more important,” Inclan says. “And besides, there have probably already been aliens coming to earth; it has to be old news.” With all the other government secrets, one would question why they might have spoken out about these true alien sightings after declining to the previous decades of people claiming they have seen them before. What could be announced next? Bigfoot? Maybe the Lochness Monster?

Aliens are a debatable topic in society today–whether it is believable or not–and many people do not believe these insane theories of creatures from different planets are even a possibility.

But who knows… maybe these mysterious creatures will take a vacation to Planet Earth one day.