2023 Promises To Be One For The Books!

Elaina Malcom, Staff Writer

As a new chapter begins in people’s lives in January, so will the lineup of new novels hitting the shelves of bookstores. Thus, for those who enjoy reading books ongoingly, here are two of the best upcoming books set to release in 2023.

The first, which is gaining significant attention, is How to Sell a Haunted House by New York Times bestselling author Grady Hendrix. This book promises to be a thrilling new novel that explores the way people’s pasts and families can haunt them in unimaginable ways. In this case, it centers around a girl who finds out her parents died and dreads having to deal with the death of two people she loved the most. Most of all, she doesn’t want to deal with her brother, who moved out of her hometown and is constantly moving from one job to another. It will be hard for her to put her parents’ house up for sale; yet, she feels she has no other option. This is where the storyline truly unfolds.

Another exciting book to read in 2023 is Happy Place, a book by Emily Henry. This is a romantic novel about a couple who broke up months ago but pretend to still be together for their annual week-long vacation with their best friends. In short, Harriet and Wyn have been the perfect couple since they met in college–except they broke up five months ago and still haven’t told their best friends. This is where the couple finds themselves sharing a room in a cottage used for their annual yearly getaway alongside their best friends. Only this year, Harriet and Wyn are lying through their teeth while trying not to notice how desperately they still want each other.

Leilah Topoloski, a sophomore at Elkhart High School, states, “Once Happy Place is released in 2023 to the public, I will gladly buy this book to read, because it seems exciting and suspenseful.” This novel would be a great choice for those who enjoy the drama of a romance.

While only two of the hundreds of new releases scheduled, 2023 promises to be one for the books.