The Student News Site of Elkhart High School

The PENNANT Online

The PENNANT Online

The PENNANT Online

A&C Art Market: Where Fantastic Art Can Be Purchased At Fantastic Prices!

Thanksgiving may not be here quiet yet, but Christmas shopping can be!

And, where’s the place to purchase those gifts? The Arts and Communications Art Market, of course!

The A&C Annual Market is coming up this Saturday, Nov.11. Doors open at 9 a.m. and shopping will continue until 1 p.m. at Elkhart High School. The annual market was created to celebrate the creativity of not only Elkhart students but local artists, as well! It is the perfect opportunity to find beautiful and unique Christmas gifts for family and friends, while supporting growing artists. The artist wares will be set up festively in the Student Center, located directly in front of the main doors to the Media Center. Any member of the community is welcome to come and shop at the store!

There are expected to be plenty of different mediums of art for sale, including fiber arts (crochet and knitting), paintings, ceramics, jewelry, ornaments, baked goods, scented candles, soaps, wood engravings, macrame, resin art, and even furniture! With so many interests involved, every member of the family can find something he or she enjoys during the event! It’s events such as this that make the people of Elkhart High appreciate the effort of the staff and community involved. 

The entirety of the Arts and Communication staff is involved in bringing this community together on Saturday, as well as even participating in the sale themselves. If going to the annual event,  check out the ceramics and paintings sold by Mr. Arthur Hughes, a teacher from A&C School of Study. There will also be other outside businesses selling their holiday products–for example, Scentsy, which is a candle and wax melt brand that is popular in our area. 

Why wait for Black Friday to get in the holiday spirit or cash in on the best deals in town. Instead, stop by the A&C Art Market this Saturday. Celebrate Elkhart’s talent and also get this year’s Christmas shopping done at the same time!