The Student News Site of Elkhart High School

The PENNANT Online

The PENNANT Online

The PENNANT Online

Falling For Flavor: A Guide To Starbucks’ Must-Try Autumn Offerings

As the air turns brisk and the leaves begin their colorful transformation, autumn-lovers and coffee connoisseurs are currently enjoying their time-honored tradition: the unveiling of Starbucks’ delicious crafted beverages and baked goods!

This year welcomes two new drinks, as well as a bakery item. The first of the two drinks is the Apple Brown Sugar Oat Milk Shaken Espresso; it’s a unique twist on the beloved favorite Brown Sugar Oat Milk Shaken Espresso. The drink has a sweet taste in the beginning, then the brown sugar syrup adds a spiced flavor to the beverage, while the apple leaves the customer with a crisp aftertaste! This same flavor somewhat applies to the Apple Crisp Macchiato, minus the espresso shots!

The other drink is the Pumpkin Chai with Pumpkin Cream Cold Foam! The majority of Starbucks fans this year were looking forward to the release of the Pumpkin Chai drink, which actually used to be a customized order to receive–but can now be ordered without paying for the extra add-ins! If among those who have never tried chai, but enjoy spices and cinnamon it, this would be the drink to purchase!

The brand new bakery item is a treat that will replace many people’s boring buttered croissant with the flavorful Baked Apple Croissant! It’s flaky crust and gooey apple filing is to die for this season! Customers also adore the Pumpkin Cream Cheese Muffin and are ecstatic for this popular return, as well. 

Other returning favorites include the (most famous of all) Pumpkin Spice Latte, as well as the Pumpkin Spice Frappuccino and Pumpkin Cream Cold Brew–which can be served hot or cold! The iced drinks gave a lot of people the delightful excuse to drink fall drinks in the late summer this year. In the past few months, many fans have been offering their own unique ways they celebrate the fall drink season by sharing their twists on how to order new items!

Check out @goldendreamms on TikTok, where she tells viewers how to order a fun fall drink. The account entails a bunch of unique Starbucks drink ideas that cater to almost anyone’s favorite fall flavors! The account will post pictures of what the drink looks like, what it costs, its ingredients, as well as a script in order to request it properly to the barista. This makes the perfect Starbucks experience for new customers or people with anxiety towards ordering wordy, complicated drinks! All of her drinks featured are one-of-a-kind and make going to Starbucks a fresh encounter each time! 

Also, if  indecisive about choosing the right drink, or would like to go with a friend, every Thursday for the rest of September is BOGO (Buy One, Get One Free) fall drinks on the Starbucks app. The company has been occasionally giving out 50% off coupons on any drink, as well! These drinks will stop being sold on Nov.1, 2023. Hurry and grab a latte, because the holiday season is right around the corner!

View Comments (10)