Ladies and gents, this is the moment you’ve been waiting for…

10 reasons you should attend Champion’s Last Ride Carnival

Rayna Minix, Entertainment Editor

On Friday, Feb. 7, Elkhart Memorial’s Chapter of the National Honor Society (NHS) will be hosting the first (and last) ever “Champion’s Last Ride Carnival.”

Taking the place of the annual Winter Semi-Formal, Champion’s Last Ride Carnival will be held in the athletic wing at Elkhart Memorial. Due to a steady decrease in attendance to the dance over the years, NHS members wanted to change things up.

The carnival will host plenty of activities that are sure to entertain not just the kids, but students and adults as well.

So, I present to you ten reasons why you should attend this year’s carnival:

1. Ben’s Pretzels

Who doesn’t love a great soft pretzel from the greatest pretzel vendor in the world? That’s right, Ben’s Soft Pretzels will be present at the carnival.

2. Face Painting

Flowers, dogs, superheroes, take your pick with the face painting booth that will be available for everyone at the carnival. 

3. Great silent auction

Shh! Don’t say a word as you make your way through the silent auction and place your bids on classic high school items such as TeraLee’s Formals prom baskets for girls and a tux rental for the guys. Haven’t splurged on that Elkhart Memorial letter jacket yet? Well, there is one of those up for auction as well!

4. Bounce houses for all ages

Ever wish you were six years old again so you could jump on those awesome bounce houses one more time? Well, you’re in luck. All kinds of crazy, fun bounce houses will be available for ALL ages, including a giant jousting game. What more could you ask for?

5. Fun carnival games

Cup Stack, Balloon Darts, Cornhole, and many more games will be available for the chance of winning fun prizes.

6. Basketball (knockout games)

Basketball stars, this one’s for you. Well, and you guys (or girls) that kinda suck, you can come too. Come show off your skills and play knockout with your friends.

7. Get your picture taken with Champion

Show your Charger spirit and say cheese with Champion, our mascot. 

8. All proceeds help fund a great Teacher Appreciation Week 

Every year, National Honors Society is in charge of showing our amazing teachers just how much we appreciate their hard work, and all of the proceeds from this event will go to that fund.

9. Pick up Elkhart High School apparel 

Excited for the merge and want to show off your support? Make sure to pick up some nice Elkhart High merchandise 

10. Wide variety of food

Of course, if you’re going to have a carnival, you must have all kinds of food. Find your favorite snack here and enjoy the Carnival!

So no need to buy a dress or wear a suit and tie. Come as you are! Admission is $1 per person, tickets for games cost four tickets for $1 and food items are individually priced. The doors open at 5:00 p.m. and the fun lasts until 8:00 p.m.