PROM: April Showers Bring May Dances!

Kate Smith, Staff Writer

April showers bring May dances!

It’s prom season at Elkhart High School, and these are the details attendees need to know. 

Indulge in a night of glitzy, 20th century romanticism and glamour with this year’s prom theme: A Night in Old Hollywood. Elkhart sophomore Elise Walker is very excited about the dance. “I love the idea of going back in time a bit, into Old Hollywood,” she muses. “However, I’m most excited to just go out with my friends and dance for my first time at prom!” It will be hosted on May 21 at the Northern Indiana Event Center and Orthwein Pavilion of Elkhart’s own RV/MH Hall of Fame, located at 21565 Executive Parkway. If one prefers dinner and a dance, then dinner will be served starting at 7:00 p.m. Those who only wish to join in the dance should arrive at 8:00 p.m., and will have free reign over the dance floor and venue until 11:00 p.m. 

Tickets are on sale now during lunch periods and will be until May 19. Prices for regular tickets without dinner will be as follows: $30 from now until May 13, $35 from May 14 until May 18, and $40 on May 19. Prices for tickets including dinner will be as follows: $40 until April 22, and $50 from April 23 until May 6. Dinner tickets will not be offered for sale after May 6. Tickets may be purchased online through this link. There is an extra fee of $2.50 per ticket bought online, but all prices otherwise apply. Be sure to check the No Dance List before purchasing any tickets. This list is posted around Elkhart High School’s campus and contains the names of those who will not be allowed to attend prom.

For those with dates who are outside of Elkhart High School or are Elkhart High School underclassmen, guest forms must be filled out and approved before a guest ticket may be purchased. Paper copies are available in each of the School of Study (SOS) hubs, as well as in Student Activities. The forms must be returned to the student’s SOS, or one of the alternatives listed on the form, no later than May 13. All students must bring their school ID to gain admittance to the dance, while guests must bring a valid photo ID and enter with the Elkhart High School student who registered them.

Get in on the Hollywood magic of Elkhart High School’s 2022 Prom and secure tickets now, while prices are low and available spots are plenty!